claiming our daze and our days on the prairie
not long ago, i would not have known what it meant to be “tagged”…oh, how times have changed…and i have been tagged…by these two gals…ones with hope-filled perspectives in the midst of this mamahood. so 8 random things about me…
• i wear black nearly every day…if i am not wearing a black top and black shoes, i feel incomplete…go figure.
• i love rainbows…the order, the color, the completeness of those colors lined up together. rainbow clothes (if i can wear a black shirt with it), rainbow tape, a rainbow of dishes, a rainbow of paper…
• i instinctively don’t like listening to music alone…i think it will make me feel lonelier…but when i do put on some tunes…trio or the beatles, peter paul and mary or nanci, i am in a holy space…so happy and full…
• i’ve had the same job for 14 years…and i’m only 34. wow. grateful i am.
• i love the smell of diesel fuel…i am transported to honduras or ohare airport…to moments of anticipation…to crowds of people who are all doing their work of getting from one place to another.
• i love tv…network tv…i like watching with the mandated break commercials give…running upstairs to get snacks or tea…ahhhh.
• signs intrigue me…the shape of the letters, the colors used…i think it’s the urban side of me…
• 60 degrees and drizzly is my favorite weather…i feel like the world has no expectation of me…i can frolick outside if i want, i can cozy up in…it’s a balance i love.
• i almost NEVER return library books or rented videos on time. i walk to the counter and say: i’m here to pay your electric bill.
• i love fried goods.
wow, that was random…and cleansing…thank you.
and i’m sure my social worker peeps would have a blast with these.