prairie daze

claiming our daze and our days on the prairie

not chocolate

this is not a chocolate waffle
this is a waffle that was left in the waffle iron
all day
7:30-2
all day
i ran in to get something between errands
and it smelled hot, hot, hot in the house
there sat the waffle iron
trusty as can be
still working on making that waffle

oh my stomach sank to imagine
more than the crispy waffle

grateful and humbled again.

Advertisements

11 comments on “not chocolate

  1. Anne
    November 14, 2007

    Oh that could have been bad. It does look like a chocolate waffle.

  2. chrisandchristine
    November 14, 2007

    Wow! Wow! Wow!

    So thankful for you and your family that the beautiful, transformative, and transforming place you call home is still there. We all know it is a place and only a place that is REplaceable. Still, so thankful your home was spared.

  3. Bex
    November 15, 2007

    Oooops. Thank goodness all are safe & well! XXxx

  4. Danelle
    November 15, 2007

    Just curious…did you taste it? :)

  5. ang
    November 15, 2007

    ooooooohhh – this is sooo something i would do – one of those things that drives chris mad!! so glad everything’s ok!!

  6. phunkybs
    November 15, 2007

    DUUUUUUDE!!!!!! That’s scary!!! I can’t believe your house wasn’t full of smoke witht he fire alarm going off!!! Lucky you! :)

  7. emily
    November 15, 2007

    so glad you’re all safe.

  8. katiecl
    November 15, 2007

    i will think of this for a long time, every time i leave the house.

    glad you and yours are safe!

  9. amanda
    November 16, 2007

    glad nothing came of this, yikes!

    On a silly note, I once put the waffle iron away with a waffle inside it, and since we only make waffles about twice a year . . . that was fun when I found it.

    have a good weekend :)

  10. Stefani
    November 17, 2007

    Oh dear!!! Where have I been??? How did this many posts go up without my seeing? I think something’s wrong with my Bloglines.

    Anyhow… I did this once, but actually unplugged it and put it up with the waffle in it. It took us a LONG time to figure out what that horrendous smell in the kitchen was.

    So glad that it was only the waffle that was charred, friend.

    So glad.

  11. Auntie Bonita
    November 19, 2007

    I had a similar, freaky experience with a crock pot. Despite our best (or worst) efforts we somehow continue to remain safe. Thank goodness.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Information

This entry was posted on November 14, 2007 by in family.
%d bloggers like this: